Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Valentine for my husband

This Anna Griffin card was my inspiration.  As you can see, I copied it almost completely.


Card base - Anna Griffin Garden Window kit
White glimmer paper layer - Anna Griffin Soft Hues collection embossed with Embroidered Hearts folder (by Anna Griffin).  Die cut with XO die from her Lovely Impressions collection.  Pink layer cut and debossed (oops, I put the paper in upside down) with Embroidered Hearts border folder and cut with matching die.  Gold layer comes from her Metallic Card Layers collection and is embossed with Scripted Love border folder.  Ribbon is Offray Lady Chiffon Powder Pink.  The sentiment is embossed using Anna Griffon Mix and Match collection.  Instead of cutting it with the included clover die, I used Classic Circles Large and Small by Spellbinders to get my 1/8 inch steps to the pearl white sentiment layer (paper by Wausau), DCWV Glitzy gold layer and Anna Griffin Soft Hues layer in pink.
A better view of the sentiment.
Tilted to show the sparkle from the gold paper.  The card is really lovely in person.  I'm not sure the pictures convey how beautiful and decadent it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment