Thursday, February 26, 2015

New Cricut Explore Air!

Due to an unexpected snow day, I was able to watch my favorite designer on HSN last week.  I was hoping she would have some fun new card kit for me or some other product that I would want to match my other Anna Griffin supplies.  Instead, she was primarily selling the Today's Special Value which was the world launch of the Cricut Explore Air.  Since I already own a Cricut Expression, I was not in the market for another machine.  Frankly, I wasn't ever super happy with the Cricut Expression.  I found it to be more tedious and time consuming to get anything cut than it was worth. But on this day, Anna's excitement and her beautiful on-set projects that she'd created made me decide to give it a try.  With a 30 return policy, it was worth a shot.

My machine arrived on Tuesday night and I haven't stopped playing with it yet!  Today was another snow day and that afforded me the luxury to stay home and cut paper all day!  I can't seem to get my Bluetooth to pair with the machine, but that hasn't stopped me from creating a lot of fun things.  Eventually, I'll get a call in to Cricut customer support and they will help me sort that out.

In the meantime, the Make It Now projects are such a fun way to get started cutting and creating without being intimidated by the machine.  I think I've cut up more of my ever-growing paper stash today than I have in the last year!

My daughter wanted to make a card for her Resource teacher yesterday so we went into the Make It Now card category and she selected this card.  She picked out the paper and we were off to make our cuts.  

Here is the original -
And here is our version - 


Another fun card from the Make It Now project selection is this Beers to You card - 
And here are three versions I made.  The front dark green card will be for my husband for Father's Day and one of the other two will be for a male co-worker who is about to become a second-time Dad.  The picture below doesn't really do the cards justice.  They are super cute in person.


Count on seeing more Cricut creations from me very soon.  This is only a tiny portion of what I've cut and made since I received my machine.  It is so easy and fun to use!

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment